Saturday, August 3, 2019

Book review: Girl, wash your face


Earlier this year I read the book Girl, wash your face by Rachel Hollis.

As a Christian, the best way I can describe this book is a Christian women's centered self help book, with a lot of emphasis on picking yourself back up when things go wrong, and setting boundaries to protect yourself from the beginning.

I would recommend this book to many Christian women, even though there were a few points that I didn't totally agree with her on. But how many people are there out in the world that we agree with every single thing they say?

The book is set up in a very easy to read format. Each chapter covers a specific lie that she has personally believed with examples to further explain. At the close of each chapter she lists 3 things that helped her personally overcome each lie.

She deserves a lot of credit for the sheer amount of candidness and honesty that she put into this book. Sometimes it is describing something that was done to her, other times it is something that she realizes now that she should have done differently. She does not hold back at all on telling the truth of the situation even if it casts her in an unfavorable light. True honesty is very hard to come by these days.

The only other thing I would mention is there are a few chapters that might not be appropriate for younger readers or that may make them feel uncomfortable, mainly the one about sex. Once again, she is very candid and honest in her writing!

Kay

No comments:

Post a Comment

Book review: Girl, wash your face

Earlier this year I read the book Girl, wash your face by Rachel Hollis. As a Christian, the best way I can describe this book is a Ch...